Light Kitchens By bauformat
Fresh and uplifting, light kitchens are perfect for bringing the feel-good factor into your home all year round. Light colours make the most of natural light, particularly in Spring and Summer months, as well as making the kitchen space feel brighter and more welcoming during the darker Autumn and Winter seasons.
Light Kitchen Finishes
Whether you favour the handleless, handled, modern or country style, light kitchens have widespread appeal and will complement all kinds of property and interior décor. Versatile light kitchen tones are available in all kinds of door finishes such as high gloss, matt, painted wood, natural woodgrain, veneer, stone and ceramic. Light tones are easy to work with, and style with complimentary work surfaces, flooring, tiles, splashbacks, sinks, taps and appliances. They are ideal for cool, north-facing rooms, creating a warmer feel and maximising natural light. However, particularly where space is limited, light kitchens are also great for enhancing a feeling of space in smaller kitchen settings.
Light Kitchen Colour Palettes
When selecting a light kitchen, there are plenty of variations on the theme. For instant impact, choose an all-white space with high-gloss or silky matt white cabinet doors teamed with white quartz or solid surface worktops. Or if you want to add a little more depth, choose a neutral colour palette such as Bauformat’s Moonlight Grey, Arctic, Sand Beige or Silk, and anchor your look with stone or marble-effect worksurfaces.
Practical and easy to clean
Another reason to choose light kitchen tones is that any finger marks won’t show up so easily – which is great for families with young children. This is particularly true of matt kitchen doors. For added peace of mind, you can also opt for a fingerprint-resistant finish, or choose a melamine door that’s liquid-repellent and will also still look stunning even after years of exposure to UV rays in a light-filled room. Lacquered kitchen fronts are also an ideal option for this style, as they are tough, durable and easy to clean.
Light Textured Kitchen Doors
While light kitchens enhance a feeling of space and uplift an otherwise darker scheme, you can also bring a tactile, textured finish into the design with wood, stone or ceramic door fronts. Solid wood offers an organic feel with the natural beauty and charm of the woodgrain giving cabinets a characterful look, while stone and ceramic also connect with nature and add real feel-appeal to your space. Consider Concrete White, Elm Limed or Snowdonia designs for something truly special for your home!
Ways to enhance a light kitchen
A traditional country in-framed door is ideal for creating a country cottage look and it can be enhanced wonderfully with a classic butler sink, brushed bronze or brass tap, wooden or wood-effect LVT flooring, glass light fittings and a warm, putty or pebble wall colour. Pale wood kitchen furniture meanwhile looks stunning with on-trend black appliances, sink and tap with a concrete-look floor and matching worksurfaces. To balance out white handleless cabinets, add pops of colour with accessories, crockery, ceramics, bar stools and window dressings, or create contrast with a darker veneer for a bank of wall units or island and top cabinets with a Black Marble or Atlantic Stone Steel worktop.
Further benefits of light kitchen schemes
· Light kitchens are perfect for creating a sense of space in a compact room. They work equally well in all other layouts too, from U and L shapes to galley kitchens, island styles and large open-plan schemes.
· This style also suits classic, traditional, modern and contemporary design with everything from sleek handleless doors to painted in-framed cabinets.
· Light kitchens give homes a fresh, bright look and feel, making the space an enjoyable room to bring everyone together, whether it’s midweek meals with the family or entertaining friends at the weekend.
· They can easily be enhanced and accessorised with pops of bright colour for small appliances, cookware and textiles; wooden tones for chopping blocks, utensils and dining furniture or metallic details for lights, switches and sockets.
· What’s more, light kitchens are available in a wide choice of finishes such as gloss, matt, wood, stone and ceramic, with something to suit every interior.
Get a price estimate for your new kitchen in just 2 minutes.
Come and see us! We can help you achieve your dream kitchen.
See our full range of products in our downloadable look books
Let us come to you and accurately measure your space.